Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hockey Talk

If 'your' team didn't make the playoffs, who do you cheer for? Do you cheer for a Canadian team out of patriotism? Do you cheer for a team with a player(s) you follow? Do you cheer for the teams you figure will win your hockey pool? Do cheer against teams you don't like?

Here's where's my head at:

-I don't buy the patriotism perspective - there's more Canadian players playin on US teams

-I tried cheering for my pool - but i forgot who i had winning some brackets

-I've settled for cheering against teams i don't like.

So here's where i sit in the first round:

Wings - because i'd like to see the Coyotes go back to Winnipeg, and i have the Wings in the finals
Tampa - i have them in the finals and i don't like Matt Cooke (Penguins) plus no Sidney Crosby
Habs - I'm a Leafs fan and this was the lesser of evils, and a co-worker is a bad Bruins fanatatic
Ducks - I'd seen Cory Perry play in the OHL and have kept an eye on him since. They're out and so are some good points in my pool
LA Kings - the young underdog with Capatain Canada (smythe). And i especially don't like Heatley
Hawks - i don't mind the Hawks and i don't like Torres - i have the Canucks advancing but i really don't care who wins this series
Flyers - Buffalo is too close a rival for Leafs, Flyers are without Pronger so its a draw except that i have the Flyers advancing. So Flyers.

So all in all, i'm all over the place with this year's playoff season. I state that this however is the most exciting playoffs I can recall. There has been many story lines written in the first round and i think its one of the closest contests on record. I am enjoying the fact that i can turn on the television anytime after 7PM and catch some hockey. I haven't seen an entire game yet, but the fact i can catch bits here and there makes me happy.

I'll update where i'm at in the second round when the channel surfing gets cut down and the weather warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seasonal Patios

Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...