Wheat Grass and Hear Say
Within moments of slurping down the viscous green liquid i instantly felt better. Yes i know it could be attributed to placebo. The mind is in fact the best healer. But it was a story my friend told me after wards that added to my overall improvement in disposition.
A co-worker of his was feeling sick for over a week. Nothing was working. When given the advice of wheat grass juice, he was almost 100% by the next morning after ingesting the green stuff.
Now i know there's many that dispel the claims that are made of wheat grass juice. Just because they aren't all true or valid, doesn't make the remaining claims invalid. When i hear stories of people getting over the flu, or better yet, people who don't get the flu because they drink wheat grass juice, it just makes me believe in the 'healing' properties that much more.
Don't listen to the naysayers. If just by drinking a bit of the green helps meet your daily requirement of vitamins, nutrients and minerals, than that alone is getting you closer to you not coming down with the flu because your body has what it needs to fight it properly.
And besides, there isn't much to choose from with regards to beverages.
I hate that my OJ has all the juice extracted from the orange only to manipulated so it can be stored long term in giant tanks and then be chemically re-flavoured by the time it hits the shelf. I'm sure the same can be said with any 'juice' now a days.
Pop i rarely drink and you don't drink pop for health reasons, or attempting to provide your body with the essentials.
Milk, i drink in my coffee.
So what's a guy to do? Wheat grass juice.
Say it with me! WHEAT GRASS JUICE!
Here is a list of some of the health claims. Believe what you will.
- One Shot of Wheatgrass Juice
- One ounce contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- One ounce of wheatgrass juice represents as much nutritional value as approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables.
- Wheatgrass juice is high in chlorophyll.
- It is very high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E and K.
- Wheatgrass juice is a natural source of laetrile (B-17).
- It contains beta-carotene, which is found in red, green and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. Beta-carotene acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing naturally through the body or through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution and other damaging sources.
- Wheatgrass cleanses, purifies and feeds the body by activating the white blood cells, which boost the body's immune system.
- Wheatgrass juice is also beneficial for people who need to lose weight or cleanse their bodies.