Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Is Bulletproof Coffee For You?

What is it?
I started drinking Bullet Proof Coffee over a week ago and I've lost almost 5 pounds.  I have not changed anything else in my diet or exercise regiment.

How does it work?
I believe what's happening is that the butter and coconut butter in the coffee is satiating my appetite first think in the morning.  After drinking it i feel 'full'.  This 'full' feeling lasts almost 4  hours.  I get to work and have another cup of just regular coffee or cappuccino.  I'm not hungry until noon when it's time to east lunch.  Lunches are the same - I haven't changed what i eat.  I start feeling peckish around 4:30 but i can usually hold out until supper.

How has it affected my eating habits?
I believe what's happening is that I've lowered the amount of sugar and empty carbs by not snacking on things like granola or bran bars.  I also believe that because of the lower sugar intake - my energy highs and lows aren't so high and so low.  I've streamlined my energy. The similarity drawn is with hibernating bears.  They eat tons of fatty food before going for their long winter's nap.  They feel full and therefor don't feel the need to eat.

Is it safe?
There's some concern about the amount of full fat this 300+ Calorie coffee has on the body - but I figure its less of a concern than the sugar and carbs I was snacking on through out the day.  I feel better and like mentioned - I've lost 5 pounds.  I believe I look less bloated and more 'toned'.

How do i make my java?
Keurig coffee with an adapter so i can use my own dark roast flavor of choice.  Add a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of coconut oil, some cream and a few drops of vanilla.  Mix it up in a Magic Bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seasonal Patios

Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...