Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Big show coming up

We're 2 days away from playing a big stage at the CLE Wednesday night. We haven't played since Sportnet's Hockeyville event at the Marina back in January.

We got a good rehearsal in last week and it didn't take much time at all to dial everyone in and get things nice and tight. Last night's practice was fun - we went over all the cover songs and 2 songs we may throw into the lineup if we need them. Spirits were high and everything sounded right.

Carlo suggested i use his new Savage amp. He liked the way it sounded. I got used to the subtle differences after adjusting a few things in my effects chain. We're going through the whole set list again I'll run that amp through it's paces. It will definitely save some effort moving it instead of my 4x12 cab and amp head.

I've really made an effort with Tourist Bureau to 'add' nuances to the songs instead of 'blasting' through with my guitar. There's a lot going on and my approach of less is more i think seems to be really helping the overall sound of the live shows.

I'm really looking forward to this gig. It's outdoors and from what I hear it's a big stage. Maki is doing the sound I believe and that's always a great thing. My family are able to attend which is always important for me to have my kids see me doing what I love doing. I hope it inspires them to do what they love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seasonal Patios

Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...