Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Fly Fishing Day 3

I'm so excited!  I was able to order a fly fishing rod from Canadian Tire last night.  I was at first disappointed that it was going to take 2 days to process my order before I could drive down to the store and get it curbside pickup.  Then within a few hours, I had an email that the package was ready for pickup!

Being a complete novice knowing nothing about the anatomy of a fly fishing rod - I hit the Youtube hard.  Brian Flechsig of Mad River Outfitters was the best.  How to tie a perfect loop knot to join the tippet to the fly line.




I followed along, tied my knots, and hit the McIntyre by up by the University.  I love this spot.  It's what one imagines a flowing river with rapids under a forest canopy.  In the evening the sun shines through the trees.  It's not very busy either.  So it is really easy to lose track of time and just exist in this beautiful setting.  I also happens to be a block away from where I live.  I'm amazed this little piece of paradise is in the middle of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seasonal Patios

Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...