My Arsenal to Combat the Flu
- Water. Lots of it. Thankfully my office has filtered water fountains. That would get me through the afternoon until i headed home
- Diner. Healthy. Turkey meatloaf and lots of veggies.
- Post diner - green tea. I drank a whole pot.
- Staying awake - no napping before bed. From experience, the more tired i am before bed, the more likely i will actually sleep.
- NeoCitran - Drink this right before i crawl into bed. Nothing worse for the psyche than waking up at 3AM congested an unable to sleep, lying awake for hours. NeoCitran + exhaustion = solid 5 hours of sleep. Undisturbed sleep really helps heal the body. No medical evidence to back this up. It just works for me
- Morning shower - hot. Get the steam to loosen everything up in the nasal cavities. Get the aches out of the muscles and bones
- Breakfast - water, vitamins, food. Whatever you can eat to get you through the next few hours
- Get out of the house - whether or not your calling in sick - just get out and about. Get your mind off being sick. Fresh air helps. Especially if its winter. Cold crisp air.
- Fisherman's friend to keep the de-congestion going
- Gage you status around lunch.
I made it to 12Noon today and so far so good. Still feeling it, but it's 'not that bad'.