Thursday, March 9, 2017

Battery Life Problem Solved

Asus Zen Phone 2
Once again I was inflicted with the problem of my phone getting drained way too fast.  I currently have an ASUS ZEN Phone 2.  It's been for a bit, but last week the battery life started to drain ridiculously fast.

I'll cut to the chase - REMOVE YOUR MEMORY CARD.   This is the second time this has stung me.  My old Samsung S4 suffered the same problem.  Took me forever to figure this out - factory resetting phone, stop using popular apps like Instagram and nothing.   Took my expanded memory chip out and boom!   Battery sucking problem solved.

I now understand why Apple iPhone has never had the expanded memory option on their phones.  By no way am I converting from Android to IOS, but I at least I get it.

So maybe a compromise - just keep a memory chip handy if you run out of room.  Migrate all your photos/videos to the memory card and then dump it to your computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seasonal Patios

Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...