journaling can help you problem solve and prioritize your values and plans/goals for the future.
Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Cineplex - DO BETTER - Your Movies are WAY TOO LOUD
Dear SilverCity Customer Service,
I am writing to express my frustration regarding my recent movie-going experiences at your theatre. Unfortunately, this is the second consecutive visit where the movie volume was so excessively loud that it significantly detracted from the experience.
During my most recent visit to see The Odyssey last evening, I measured sound levels of approximately 90 dB using a sound meter app. Sitting through nearly three hours at that volume was not only uncomfortable but also concerning from a hearing health perspective. I now feel compelled to bring earplugs to every movie simply to avoid potential hearing damage, which should not be necessary in a cinema.
I would appreciate an explanation as to why movies are presented at such extreme volume levels. Is there a technical standard or company policy that requires this? I genuinely do not understand why the sound needs to be so loud.
Because of this issue, I have almost completely stopped going to the movies. I now attend perhaps one or two films a year, despite previously enjoying the theatre experience. The people I attended the screening with last night shared the same opinion—that the volume was uncomfortably and unnecessarily loud.
I hope you will take this feedback seriously. I believe many patrons would enjoy the cinematic experience more if the sound were reduced to a comfortable level without sacrificing the impact of the film.
I would appreciate a response explaining your theatre's approach to sound levels and whether this issue is being considered.
Thank you for your time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Seasonal Patios
Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...
-
If you're looking for a secure way to buys apps, music, books movies online with your Android Nexus, Galaxy or anything else that u...
-
Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...
-
I really love whats going on with the downtown core initiative with the marina development and the focus of making this area the 'entert...
No comments:
Post a Comment