Thursday, January 30, 2020

Floodway Walk With McGruff

The past several days have been a bleak dreary grey experience.  I had just finished a 2 day business trip that had exhausted me mentally and physically.  Brain overloaded from inspiring and technical presenters as well as body fatigue caused by so much sitting plus a plane delay returning home.  I desired nothing more than some solitude in nature, however I had only a limited period of time to fit it in.

2020 will see me take even more time for myself to re-charge my body and soul.  Hiking and photography are my number one passions at this time and they are now a top priority.  Almost everything can work around it.  I will spare you the psychology and physiological details of why I think it's vital.

I haven't walked the city groomed trail of one of the flood-ways leading to Lake Superior, so only having a short afternoon of time I made my way there.   I took some 'okay' shots, played with Nikon's 'snap bridge' feature and shot some video to mess around with some colour settings. 

The shots I took were 'minimalist' as the grey clouds muted everything.  Lots of tree lines and white snow covered areas.

Snapbridge is a new feature I'm tinkering with that allows me to control the camera from my phone so i can take 'advanced selfies'.


The b-roll shots was me testing out a 'flat' colour scheme in the camera to see how well it would colour grade with Davinci Resolve.  I've been digging some more and Nikon has a video 'look' by default that has very dark and contrasty edges.  Color grading that is a bit trickier so a suggestion i read was to try 'flat' which has a bit of 'log' footage look which allows one to manipulate it easier in post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Seasonal Patios

Dunlop St. Barrie, Ontario There's been some discussion about possibly making Red River Road one way in the Entertainment District t...